apoC is now RECRUITING. Please post stuff on the forums, and stay active in the server.

HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

TF2 Unlockable "tutorial"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Toxin
APOC LEADER

PostSubject: TF2 Unlockable "tutorial"   Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:38 pm

Here's my comparison thread between the classes, with con's and pro's and some of my feedback.
Pictures courtesy of tf2wiki

So let's start, shall we?

Medic

Primary
vs.

Syringegun:
Advantages:
-Allows you to regenerate health at 3hp per second

Disadvantage:
-Does not aid in solo survival compared to Blutsauger

Blutsauger:
Advantage:
-Aids in solo survival situations

Disadvantage:
-Only regenerate 1hp per second

My opinion on this is rather simple. The Syringegun is the better choice if you have a capable team that will protect you, or a capable heavy/soldier/demo buddy that will protect you. You do not want to be the "battle medic", and therefore you will NEVER, ever, EVER use your syringegun until you are ABSOLUTELY forced to. Use the Blutsauger if you havea rather incapable team. The Blutsauger shoots 10 needles per second, and let's supposed you only hit with half, or 5 needles per second, that's still a 15 health-per-second regeneration. I can not tell you how many countless times the Blutsauger has saved me from a flanking scout or a chasing pyro. But in the end, it is really up to you.

Secondary
vs.

Medigun:
Advantages:
-10 seconds of invulnerability
-Great for countering other ubers

Disadvantage:
-Takes longer to charge then the Kritzkrieg
-Except for maybe pyros, this will get you less kills than the Kritzkrieg

Kritzkrieg:
Advantage:
-Charges faster
-Great for a huge killstreak

Disadvantage:
-No invulnerability

Now the Kritzkrieg and Medigun I can spend three hours analyzing the advantages and disadvantages for you, but in the end, it comes down to a basic "guideline": Kritzkrieg for defense, Medigun for offense. Here's why: As a defending team, you primary objective is preventing the opposite team from reaching your point, or killing them, which is easier archieved with your Kritzkrieg than with you medigun and will therefore be a better choice for defense. For offense, your Ubers will allow your team to move in while drawing fire and possibly getting a couple of kills. But in the end, it really comes down the your skill, your medic-buddy's skill, and the situation.

Melee
vs.

Bonesaw:
Advantages:
No particular advantages, base melee weapon

Disadvantage:
No particular disadvantages, base melee weapon

Übersaw:
Advantage:
-Charges your uber 25% per hit

Disadvantage:
-Hits 25% slower

If you even have to spend any time at all thinking if you should rather use the Bonesaw or the Übersaw, you need to uninstall the game. The Übersaw is so much better in so many perspectives. It charges 25% per hit, so you can sneak up on spies or enemies that aren't paying attention, kill them, and charge your Uber. Most enemies take 2 - 3 hits to die, 1 - 2 critical hits. A soldier takes 3ish, and a heavy 5ish, so killing an enemy should bring you at least half-way to an uber, which would have saved you about 30 seconds of time, and 30 seconds in ANY FPS is a HUGE advantage, PERIOD. That 25% slower hit rating is almost irrevelant.

Pyro

[SIZE="4"]
Primary
[/SIZE]
vs.

Flamethrower:
Advantages:
-COMPRESSION BLAST, DAMN IT.

Disadvantage:
No particular disadvantage

Backburner:
Advantage:
-Crit from behind

Disadvantage:
-NO GODDAMN COMPRESSION BLAST

Simple, use the god damn Flamethrower. That compression blast is very useful. As a pyro with the flamethrower, your compression blast will be the best defense against an incoming uber, protect your Engies' sentries from those damn Scottish Demos and putting out teammates on fire. Just use it, your teammates will thank you. The backburner, besides granting critz from behind, has no particular advantage. Good teams won't even let a pyro get behind them and even then, as a backburning pyro you'll probably land a kill or two before being noticed and mowed down.

Secondary
vs.

Shotgun:
Advantages:
-High damage from close distance, good for finishing off fleeing enemies.

Disadvantage:
No particular disadvantage

Flare Gun:
Advantage:
-Set players alight from a distance

Disadvantage:
-Low damage
-Hard to aim/hit, low accuracy

This is a win-win, loose-loose situation no matter from what perspective you look at it. The shotgun is wonderful for finishing off fleeing enemies, or, my favorite, killing charging enemy Pyros. Using the shotgun to kill an enemy Pyro before he even gets into your range is really ingenious. However, the shotgun has a ridiculous damage falloff. The flare gun is good for setting enemies alight from afar, possibly forcing them to retreat to look for health. However, the flare gun does low damage initial damage (unless the enemy was on fire) and the burning can be extinguished easily. Unless you want to be the next far-range Pyro (harharhar...), I'd recommend using the Shotgun. It's advantages out-wage the flare gun's advantages.

Melee
vs. vs.

Fire Axe:
Advantage:
Base melee weapon

Disadvantage:
Base melee weapon

Axtuingisher:
Advantages:
-Critz against burning enemies

Disadvantage:
-No critz against non-burning enemies
-50% of damage to players

Homewrecker:
Advantages:
-100% damage increase against buildings

Disadvantage:
-only 75% against players

The Homewrecker is already out of the equation for me... the truth of the matter is that you aren't going to run up to a sentry and melee it... the Fire Axe is really just the base weapon, however, compared to the Axtuingisher, it better against non-burning enemies. The Axtuingisher, if used correctly, will get you massive kills. You can do the puff-and-hack technique, puffing an enemy on fire, using your compression blast (another reason I prefer the flamethrower) to prevent them from fleeing and then pulling out your Axtuingisher to kill them. Light classes will take one hit to get killed, Pyros, Demos and Soldiers two and Heavies three. Dead Ringer'd spies will also only take three hits to die. All in all, I recommend the Axtuingisher for more experienced users
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JessieFtW:]

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Unlockable "tutorial"   Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:26 pm

there is NOBODY that i know that will read all of that and im one of them i read first sentence got bored and confused then stopped lol sorry but its the truth xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TuFF Kitty
APOC LEADER

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Unlockable "tutorial"   Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:37 am

I actually read the whole thing. And have feedback you should move the weapon tiotles to the left. Oh i still like the backburner more.

-Takes longer to charge then the Kritzkrieg
I think it should be
-Takes longer to charge than the Kritzkrieg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TF2 Unlockable "tutorial"   

Back to top Go down

TF2 Unlockable "tutorial"
Page 1 of 1